Protection For All Of Your Travel Needs
(also known as International Medical Insurance)
Travel Medical Insurance reimburses you for emergency medical expenses incurred when you are traveling or living in a foreign country.
· Maximum coverage levels can be substantial enough (up to US$2 million) to cover major medical expenses such as emergency surgery and extended hospital stays.
· The "American-style" of international medical insurance coverage requires you to pay the specified deductible (excess in the UK) and co-insurance also known as co-pay before the insurer pays any expenses.
· Plans often require pre-certification by the insurer prior to hospital admission abroad.
· When hospitalization is necessary, many insurers provide a guarantee of hospital admission, and some insurers provide direct payments to hospitals.
· When hospitalization is not necessary, most insurers require a claim form to be submitted for reimbursement of covered expenses for basic treatment by a physician and outpatient medical services.
Plans usually include coverage for emergency medical evacuation, reunion, repatriation of remains, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and various other 24/7 travel assistance services.
Not all medical facilities were created equal. Depending on the plan, Emergency Medical Evacuation insurance covers the cost of transporting a seriously injured or ill person to one of the following locations:
· The nearest adequate medical facility
· A hospital near home
· Or the hospital of his/her choice
Emergency Medical Evacuation insurance is usually included with both Travel Medical insurance and Trip Protection plans.